1/18/09

The Weird and the Wonderful

EDIT EDIT: Hells bells I did it somehow.

EDIT: I can't get the dammed Adsense off even though I went through all of the procedures.

Things have been hectic around here lately. Personal. Hard to talk about. Life. I'm not checking in here to show that this blog is still updating but to keep it on my mind. What I've done has been enjoyable for me and I hope to continue it, not out of a sense of obligation but for a space to express my opinions if to no one but me.

I quite like myself, I do, and I can carry on a mean debate with myself. I have a feeling this blog will be a little empty for quite some time. It's another blog about one persons opinions about movies, tv, books and plays, and that's good enough for me.

Many people assume that when a person watches something they do it purely for escapism. I don't know about the other people, but for me, it's like the pink elephant in the room. So ESCAPISM has never been my purpose. When I watch, listen, read, interact, it's true, I don't have to concentrate on my problems. My emotions are not on me and my situation. I have something else to mull on but I don't stop thinking about that pink elephant. So whatever, and really it does seem like whatever, I'm watching I apply it to me. After a while, these things become ideals, representations, understandings that reflect (do they become?) me.

Things like this:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home